Attitude Global is a leading corporate communications group with a global footprint, and the world’s largest independent provider of integrated investor relations services. Attitude Global, an investee of the Jardim Botanico private equity fund, has offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Chicago, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New York, San Diego, São Paulo, Vancouver and Taipei. Driven by the principles of innovation, technology and integration, the Group provides exclusive services to more than 580 clients in 14 countries through its leading brands: MVL and BRIC (corporate communications), MZ (investor relations), LEAD (governance, technology for boards and equity journey), and AMPM and Pixit (digital agency and web video).
Among Attitude’s characteristics:
- Full range of communications services: one-stop-shop business model including technology solutions, video, market intelligence, stock surveillance and IPO journey;
- Leadership, innovation and pro-active approach: IR Global Rankings, IR 2.0 Web, Interactive Web Videos, Online Shareholder Meetings and Board/Investor Portals;
- Entrepreneurship: global team of entrepreneurs/partners, and highest commitment to clients;
- Solid financials and Jardim Botanico - Private Equity Fund with 28% ownership.
Attitude will be the best and largest independent global firm in financial and corporate communications (IR+PR), governance, IPO journeys, market intelligence and applied technology, with leadership in high growth markets.
Attitude operates based on the solid pillars of innovation, perseverance, ethical conduct, meritocracy and a firm determination to create value for shareholders. Attitude is poised for the imminent convergence of all media and communications tools and the provision of multi-stakeholder platforms on a local and global scales.
- Relationship: the client is king and needs continuous "pressure" to perceive Attitude’s contribution and interest (i.e. with a "Jerry Maguire" style, Attitude gives its clients greater personal attention);
- Commitment to making it happen: pro-activity and taking charge to solve the client’s problems (i.e., like in "Al Pacino’s Inch by Inch speech from Any Given Sunday", Attitude goes the distance for its clients);
- Integrity and Meritocracy:Attitude values and recognizes integrity, excellence and entrepreneurship. Attitude thrives in an environment that values meritocracy, informality and candor. Integrity, hard work, quality and consistency are the keys to building the Group.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Caio Tulio Costa (Chairman of the Board and MVL partner): Caio is an internet pioneer, new media consultant, and journalist with a doctorate in communication sciences. He worked during 21 years for the newspaper Folha de S.Paulo where he was editor, managing editor, foreign correspondent in Paris. In the same communication group Caio founded in 1996 Universo Online, UOL, the first simultaneously big portal and internet provider in Latin America, where he was CEO during seven years. In May 2006 he assumed the presidency of Internet Group, internet arm of Brasil Telecom, a big Brazilian Telco, which brings together the portals and internet providers’ iG, iBest and BrTurbo. He left Internet Group when the Brazilian telecommunication group Oi takes its control in 2009. He has four books published. In 2010 Caio became partner and one of MVL Communications’ executive officer;
- Carlos Kokron (Independent Board Member): Carlos has worked with young and growth stage companies as a VC/PE investment professional in Latin America and the United States for the past 14 years. He was a member of the Strategic Council for Stratus Group’s Growth Capital funds and has served on the board of directors of companies such as Alog Datacenters and Senior Solution. Previously he was Managing Director for Intel Capital in LatAm and Director of Intel Capital for the U.S. Southwest and held executive positions at Intel Brazil and Unocal 76 (now Chevron) in California. He is currently Intel’s Latin America’s director of carriers business. Carlos holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Chemical Engineering and earned an MBA from the Haas School of Business at U.C. Berkeley;
- José Luiz Osorio (Board Member): José Luiz is a founding shareholder of Jardim Botânico Investimentos and member of the Advisory Board of the Center for Corporate Governance and Performance at Yale University. His experience includes executive positions at banks such as Lehman Brothers (Managing Director for Brazil), Banco Icatu (Partner and Head of Investment Banking), Banco Garantia and Bank Boston, as well as President of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Brazil (CVM) from 2000 to 2002 and director-superintendent of BNDESPar in 1999. He sits on the boards of Banco Triângulo (2007-today) and Elba Equipamentos e Serviços (2010-today). José Luiz earned a B.S. in Civil Engineering from PUC-RJ and an MSc in Civil Engineering from Stanford University;
- Julian Herbstein (Independent Board Member): Julian is currently CEO of the International Capital Group (Hong Kong) and previously was one of the founders of Beta Fund Management, an RMB private-equity fund based in Beijing. His experience includes executive positions at Soros Fund Management (principal of private equity in New York and general manager of a portfolio company in Sydney), One & Only Resorts (London), govWorks (New York), NewsCorp (Miami, Santiago and Buenos Aires) and Lazard Freres (New York). Julian holds a B.A. in Government from Harvard University and an MBA from Stanford Business School;
- Rodolfo Zabisky (CEO and Board Member): Rodolfo is founder and CEO of Attitude. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from IMT-Maua and an MBA from FGV-SP and Columbia Business School. Rodolfo served in various capacities for 18 years at the Odebrecht Group (1982 through 1999), focusing on business planning, investor relations and structured finance. In 1995, he was Top 5 finalist at the Global International Entrepreneurial Challenge of MOOT CORP (University of Texas at Austin). In November 1999, Rodolfo founded Attitude (then MZ Group). In 2007, MZ Group was selected entrepreneur company of the year by both rankings: Endeavor-Exame PME (innovation) and FGV-PEGN (growth). In 2011, Rodolfo was appointed Member of the Advisory Board at Endurance Capital Partners, the real estate fund of Sequoia real estate development.